- Based largely on the Tour des Lacs, the Tour du Néouvielle offers the possibility of a discovery of the beauty of the GRP courses
- Technicality and requirement of the course, characteristic of the trails in the Hautes-Pyrénées
Warning: the course has many parts on mountain trail where it is not easy to run
Friday, August 24
13:00 – 19:00: Removal of the bibs and verification of the bags of the Tour du Néouvielle (Capital of the race) – Village partners
18:30 – 20:30: Pasta Party
Saturday, August 25
08:00: Departure of the Tour du Néouvielle from the center of Saint Lary Soulan (Tourist Office)
12:30: Arrival of the first of the Tour du Néouvielle on the Place de Vielle-Aure
20:00: Arrival of the last of the Tour du Néouvielle
20:00: Award ceremony of the Tour du Néouvielle (Place de Vielle-Aure)
Sunday, August 26
12:15: Closing buffet of the Grand Raid of the Pyrenees in the presence of all the partners and volunteers (Capital of the race)
At the Merlans restaurant (round trip): oranges, bananas, bread, cheese, ham, sausage, dried fruit, salted cakes, cakes, chocolate in tablet, still water, sparkling water, coke, tea, coffee and soup
At the Bastan refuge: water only.
– Personal cup for drinking liquids (water, coca and soup) at the refreshments
– minimum water reserve 1 liter
– food reserve
– survival blanket (minimum 2 m²)
– waterproof and breathable jacket, membrane or coating type (jacket type KWAY or poncho
The departure will be given Saturday, August 26 at 8 am from the center of Saint-Lary-Soulan. Runners will ride on motorized roads and then ski slopes at Col du Portet. They will then switch to the Néouvielle sector to join Lake Oule as for the Tour des Lacs. Then turn right to cross the Hourquette de Caderolles, then the Col de Bastanet, join the refuge of Bastanet then Merlans and the Col de Portet which leads to Vielle Aure by the ridge of the Cape of Pède.
The best could take less than 5 hours while the time barrier is set so that the last ones finish in less than 12 hours.
The file of the kilometers and height differences is HERE.
The course is viewable HERE. The GPX or Google Earth version of the course can be downloaded at the same place.
The 3D journey is HERE