Warning: the course has many parts on mountain trail where it is not easy to run, especially in the area of Néouvielle and in the Moudang area.
Mandatory Equipment for participants
– Personal cup for drinking liquids (water, coca and soup) at the aid stations
– Minimum water reserve 1.5 liters
– food reserve
– two lamps in good working order with batteries or spare battery
– survival blanket (minimum 2 m²)
– adhesive elastic band for bandaging or straping
– waterproof and breathable jacket, membrane type or coating (at least 10000 schmerber) (jacket KWAY type or poncho not accepted)
– long pants or running tights or corsairs with rising socks (This solution is accepted only if the legs can be fully covered)
– cap or equivalent
– long sleeve warm clothing, serving as a second layer between the t-shirt and the waterproof and breathable jacket (eg fleece or other warm technical clothing) (*)
– gloves completely covering the hands (mittens accepted) (*)
(*): The Organizer may decide before the start of the race to make this equipment recommended and no longer mandatory. (Typically based on weather forecast) The announcement will be made at the time of the race briefing
– At Merlans restaurant, Merlans, Fabian, Tunnel de Bielsa, Granges de Moudang, Vielle-Aure, La Mongie, Col de Sencours, Hautacam, Cabane de Conques, Cauterets, Aulian, Tournaboup: oranges, bananas, bread, cheese, ham, sausage, dried fruits, cakes, cakes, chocolate in tablet, still water, sparkling water, coke, tea, coffee and soup
– Ditto Vielle-Aure Pierrefitte, Luz Saint Sauveur with pasta and compotes.
– At Aygues Cluses hut: sausage, dried fruits, salted cakes, cakes, still water, soup.
– It is not possible to sleep in the refuges and huts mentioned above. It is possible to take a cold shower and to sleep in Pierrefitte, and only sleep in Vielle-Aure, La Mongie, Cauterets, Aulian, Luz Saint Sauveur and Merlans.
– It is possible to send supplies to Vielle-Aure, Pierrefitte and Luz Saint Sauveur. These bags must be handed to the organization before 20h on Wednesday. They will be brought back on arrival on Saturday at the end of the afternoon.
The CP and mileage file is avalaible HERE.
The course layout is viewable HERE